Bring a love of reading to your classroom—through comic books!
Comics for Your Classroom
We’re happy to work with schools, school districts, homeschoolers, and charter schools throughout the U.S. All types of readers enjoy learning through comic books!
- Reluctant Readers enjoy comic books because the short bursts of text and vivid images are easier to read than the solid text in a prose book.
- English Language Learners can match the text to the images in comic books to help decode and understand the text.
- Proficient Readers can enjoy the art and text, while learning how the comic medium models concise language.
- Comic Book Lovers of all ages and reading levels can appreciate and enjoy the enticing and engaging stories in today’s comic books.
Schools can order directly through the website or via Purchase Order. If you’d like to make a bulk order to a single address, please contact us for pricing.
If you’d like to use a P.O., you must submit it electronically and be able to receive electronic invoices. Include all necessary information in the P.O.:
- Purchase Order number
- Accounts Payable name, address, phone number, and email (Email is required.)
- Recipient’s full name, ship-to address, phone number, and email address
- Subscription Rating (All-Ages, Teen, Teen+)
- Subscription duration (3 months, 6 months, 12 months)
Email the P.O. to hello @ comiccrate.org. The subscription will begin when payment is received.
Resources for Teachers
Many comic artists and creators are happy to share information on how they write and design comics. Here’s a few of our favorites:
- Kids Draw Cartoons by Jason Dube
- Comic Storytelling Basics with Eben Burgoon